For this tutorial we assume that you have the basic knowledge of the 3D Studio MAX surface. For this tutorial no plugins are required! We have created the scene with 3D Studio MAX 2.
1. Start MAX and reset it!
2. Go to "Create - Helpers - Atmospheric Apparatus" and create a SphereGizmo with a Radius of 100.
3. Now go to "Rendering" and select "Environment".
4. Here click on "Add" and select "Combustion". Now it is necessary to apply the Combustion to the gizmo.
5. In the rollout "Combustion Parameters" click on "Pick Gizmo" and select the CylGizmo in any Viewport.
6. Use the following settings...
The Explosion-settings (not in the picture) is necessary for animated explosions - here you can set start- end endtime of the explosion by clicking on the "Setup Explosion" button.
7. ...to receive this picture.
8. This effect is only renderable in the perspective or camera viewports.
- Icecubes In A Glass